The year of 2010 is an important year for the BCGC program and it made progress in scientific research on biodiversity, endangered species and biological disasters.
It also organised a special issue in the official journal of the International Society of Zoological Sciences (ISZS), Integrative Zoology. 9 papers on BCGC were published in the journal.
In 2010, the program constructed an online working platform and a preliminary database for scientists in the BCGC program. Currently, the website is in its testing phase and it will soon be formally launched.
In 2010, the program also organized several international meetings and conferences. Those included an international symposium on Invasion of Alien Species, in Myshkin, Russia, another international symposium on “BCGC – Data Analysis and Sharing,” and a special workshop on the program, both in Kunming, China.
In June 2010, the program presented a progress report to the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and the CAS is satisfied with the progress made in the programme.
- Conferences organised:
1) The 4th International Symposium of Integrative Zoology;
2) International symposium, “Invasion of Alien Species in Holarctic”
- Workshops organised: BCGC data sharing and research tools
- Publications: 9 Papers in Integrative Zoology
- Impacts on education: Wide and effective
- Relevance for the scientific community: Tactic and Strategic
- Development of partnership: Two more scientists from Russia joined the program
- Innovation: Designed an ecometrics approach to the study of BCGC